Thursday, July 28, 2005

How this Book Came About - Notes from Radio Interview

The following are notes from my radio interview (last Sunday) with Alan Rothman of The Business of Success. This is a weekly radio program that's syndicated nationwide on the Business Talk Radio Network. Both of these places are great resources for entrepreneurs, eBay sellers and general business information. Check them out...

"I wanted to write a book about my field of expertise.
But there are 50,000 books out there on general marketing.
Many of which are great.
So I got to thinking – where can I apply the old lessons in a new setting.
Robert Frost wrote – “An idea is a feat of association.”
You mix things together and come up with new combinations that resonate with folks.
Applying what’s known in the marketing world (from the past 100-200 years) to this new market phenomenon called eBay.

I connected with this great publisher, because I’ve been an enthusiastic networker over the years.
My contacts in Outlook number over 4,000 or so.
One of them knew a guy who knew a gal.
And we honed and developed the pitch and the proposal over a number of months.
The book took about 4 months to write.
The more challenging part is marketing the book.
Generating buzz and getting the word out.
Thank you, by the way, for helping me do that."

, , , , , , , , ,
, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home