5 Sure-fire eBay Selling Tips
1. Forget about “You” and write to “You.” Huh? Let me rephrase that. Don’t write eBay descriptions that are centered around your company, your products, your achievements. Write them with the customer in mind. Use lots of “you” in the text so the customer or reader is the focus.
2. Make an offer. Presenting a product for sale is often not enough. Offer free shipping for the day. Cross promote another product that complements the one being sold. Give people a reason to click or say yes NOW.
3. Keep your layouts simple. If you’re selling online, don’t use too many bells and whistles from the HTML editor. Go clean and lean. Same goes for print layout.
4. Offer free information. Educate when you can. This will separate you from the competition.
5. Collect testimonials from satisfied customers and put them in your advertising and listings.
P.S. Amazon.com and Walmart.com have the lowest prices for "The 7 Essential Steps to Successful eBay Marketing" (McGraw-Hill, 2005)
ebay, selling, sales, seller, marketing, writing, writer, book, books,
advertising, copywriting, journalism, media, news