Friday, January 27, 2006

Incensed at Google Adsense: eBay Sellers Angry and Not Going to Take It Anymore

Ina Steiner’s excellent eBay information site AuctionBytes ran an interesting story today about Google Adsense ads that appear at the top of eBay listings.

Seems that when shoppers come to eBay listings from Google they’ll now see an ad at the top of that eBay listing that encourages them to go to other listings.

“One seller asked: ‘Why would I want to have a "store" and promote it , like a business should, just to have eBay tell my customers to "look elsewhere" when they came to look at My Product?’”

Let’s keep an eye on this story and see how it develops. I’m guessing that the program won’t last long in its current state.

Speaking of keeping an eye on news stories, there’s a nifty Google News alert feature that allows you to track stories. You put in your keywords and they’ll email you when stories that relate to the terms show up on the wires (Can I still say wires or am I dating myself?).

P.S. Amazon.com knocked 32% off the cover price of "The 7 Essential Steps to Successful eBay Marketing"(McGraw-Hill, 2005). Walmart.com sells if for 36% off!

, , , , , , , , ,
, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home