Wednesday, February 01, 2006

eBay Marketing Discipline Compliments of the U.S. Army

One of the best funded, best organized outfits in the world is the U.S. Army. That’s why it’s often useful to pay attention to their mailings and advertisements. They hire some of the brightest minds in the advertising/marketing world. I recently received a piece of direct mail from them that was very instructive.

I wrote about it for AllBusiness – another venue for my blogging topics. If you’re interested in seeing the piece itself and reading a little about my observations, check it out here: An eBay Marketing Lesson from the U.S. Army -- The Most Compelling Brochure I've Seen in a While. I related the article to eBay, but the concepts are transferrable to just about any industry/situation.

P.S. Amazon.com knocked 32% off the cover price of "The 7 Essential Steps to Successful eBay Marketing"(McGraw-Hill, 2005). Walmart.com sells if for 36% off!

, , , , , , , , ,
, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home