Friday, December 02, 2005

How Many Times Can You Email An eBay Shopper?

How Many Times Can You Email An eBay Shopper?

Q: I want to send out emails to previous buyers in ebay (I don’t have a store yet) and when I try to send out the emails after a while I get a message telling me that I have exceeded the number of emails I can send. I’ve searched the eBay site but can not find anything that tells me what that limit is. Can you help? Is there a limit to the number of emails I can send in a day or a week or a month or even a year?

A: (from Janelle Elms co-author and eBay University instructor): “The limit is one per buyer per day, unless the buyers have agreed to be emailed. eBay does all it can to prevent spamming, so they take this very seriously. You can send 10 of these per day. Sellers with 0 or negative feedback can send one per day. If you have an eBay Store, you can legally send out emails to members on your “opt-in” mailing list. Buyers and sellers will continue to have direct access to each other's email addresses. The Contact eBay Member feature is used when members do not have a transaction in common.”

P.S. Amazon.com knocked 32% off the cover price of "The 7 Essential Steps to Successful eBay Marketing" (McGraw-Hill, 2005). Walmart.com sells if for 36% off!

, , , , , , , , ,
, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home